Monday, October 22, 2012

Books I'm Reading


It's Monday and my office is empty and quiet! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy this makes me! After a few weeks of crazy schedules, heavy workloads, and rambunctious young teens at the house, these few moments of uninterrupted peace are divine!

I have begun to read Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst. I'm also attempting to do the Bible Study solo and without DVDs. It's a bit of a challenge and I just skip over some of the stuff that must go with the DVDs. But overall, I am truly enjoying reading her book. The way Lysa writes is as if she were your girlfriend, hanging out and sharing her advice and God-given wisdom. Love that!

I've also been rereading a few bits from Lysa's book called Made to Crave. It's about taking care of our bodies the way God calls us to. One line that has stuck with me the past few days is, (I'm paraphrasing) if it's not beneficial to me, I don't have to have it. Are brownies beneficial to me? No. Is sliced pineapple and yogurt? Yes! Does taking the dog for a walk benefit me? Yes! And so on and so on. If nothing else but to retrain the brain and to seek God in the eyes of temptation.

Before the phones start ringing or the emails start pouring in, which is only inevitable, I'm going to enjoy a few more moments of quiet. Meditate and give thanks for the peace that God has brought to my normally crazy world!

2 comments: