It's hard to admit when I can't handle life on my own. I know that as a Christian, this is exactly what God should be doing. Not only do I suck at giving up control, I am not very good at letting go of the worry and constant negativity inside my little noggin.
I've struggled with depression and anxiety for years. For the past year and a half, I have been taking a prescription to help manage these overwhelming feelings. While I have emotionally and mentally been feeling stronger, but physically, it's been all downhill. Needless to say, I have an appointment to go over all these things with my doctor. I've been off of this prescription for about a month now, and I'm sad to say that I know I need a new one.
This may be TMI for a blog, but it's what's on my heart and mind. I'm trying to seek God throughout this, I know He is right there waiting, with open arms.
Family life is great; I have so much to be thankful for! And work is decent too, steadily busy with lots of great opportunities for our company in the near and distant future. I just can't seem to shake these crumby feelings.
Seeking Him,
J
Your honesty is part of the healing! But, you do realize that every woman alive has many of these same feelings everyday!? That is why we are commanded to live a life of joy. In other words, we must choose joy. Satan loves to fill us up with words of inadequacy and failure. But, God loves us just as we are - He made us for heaven sake! All He asks is that we be in His Word and trust Him. May I suggest reading Romans 15:13.
ReplyDeleteOr, read the Psalms. David cries out to God and even shares his anger and frustration that God does not seem to be hearing him. God wants us to cry out to Him and be honest. But in the end, the choice is ours whether to trust or continue to walk on our own.
I pray your doctor will listen with wisdom and give you meds that are just what you need!